We reckon this photo of Narrowwater was taken at the County Bridge (Flagstaff Road) in the early 1880s. We put it on Facebook and someone noticed that there was no windmill in front of the church spire in Warrenpoint: the windmill was demolished in 1881. Then we focused on the area of lough behind the Ferry Wood and saw that there were no ’round tower’ navigation markers: the round towers were built in 1888. The wall against which the man is standing is clearly under construction with stones piled on the road. The stones are white, recently excavated and not yet weathered to dark grey as they are now. And there in the top-right corner is Quarvue Farmhouse, still single-storey and possibly thatched (it had a slate roof by the time of the 1901 census.